Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love the holiday season. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years all rolled into about 40 days of eating, shopping, gabbing, partying, drinking, and celebrating. The origin having centered around the birth of Christ, it has grown a little out of hand with the extravagance, but at the same time, I believe that people are reminded about what matters most. Being thankful for what we have and our achievements that we have earned in life, and the things we have done for others.

I am struggling right now with choices to be made and decisions to finalize. They are not easy, and I have been unable to find the answers from others, so I have come back to find them from myself. I am having a difficult time reaching inside for them, so it is time to ask God to guide me through my path.

photo

I put up my Christmas tree this year for the first time in two years. I found all of my ornaments that remind me of times and places and journeys Ive taken through life. Some of them Ive left in their boxes and some I will give to others, and some remind me of good things that I will keep and display to remind me each day of the season. When I went to Disney World, I admit I dropped too much cash on ornaments, but for me, that was kind of a once in a lifetime experience, so I can justify it I guess.

Some of my favorites this year are:

Buzz Lightyear and Woody

photo

T-Rex
(I love it that he is enjoying a Mickey Mouse treat...)

photo

Tinkerbell

photo

Just to name a few anyway. I love my ornaments though, I found the ones that I bought when I visited Alaska, Michigan, New York, Chicago, Rhode Island among others. Forgot about my barbie shoe tree's, barbie keepsakes, and my girlie tiara tree topper. I'm very excited for Christmas this year. Have most of my shopping done, and cant wait to see my Godson's face when he opens his gifts this year!

No comments: