Sunday, February 03, 2008

Congestion, Television and Architecture

So Ive been slacking on my intelligence deck posts. I know this. Life has been busy and Ive been trying several different decongestants that will help me get back on track. Ive got three cards, all to do with architecture... good times!

Ive been feeling inspired lately to look forward to something new to take on when I graduate. What should be next? I have been contemplating an MBA, or the pastry program for fun. I could officially retire the educational sector too. Not sure yet. An architectural lighting degree kinda sounds like fun too though. So we'll see where life takes me in the upcoming months. I would like to eventually dabble in new media with a design related podcast like Steph and Cliff who are fabulous podcasters for Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, and Lost, among others. I mostly listen to PP, Grey's and Heroes. (also available through itunes)... It has been awhile though because of the writers strike and season wrap ups. My dvr has been a little empty lately. The Cashmere Mafia has been a nice edition to the weekly television line up, but I am sad that Desperate Housewives has been moved to Friday nights instead of Sundays. Maybe ABC has something more exciting. Project Runway has been somewhat entertaining this spring as well. I was disappointed to see Elisa go early in the season though. I know the Hansel and Gretyl wasnt that spectacular, but overall she has more potential I think than Sweet P. I am rooting for Christian, as he is most entertaining, and I like his whole 80's sweep into the twenty first century flair, but I would be more likely to wear the clothing that Jillian produces. She makes me nervous though watching her every episode as the last one running out the door to the runway. It has been a constant for her, but I havent really been impressed with anything except the prom dress that Sweet P has composed.

Onto the deck, I believe this is card 3, 4, and 5 of 50 (again, in no particular order, just next in line):

"Le Chic Chick knows... Examples of Art Deco Architecture...
Art Deco Architecture = angular, geometrical patterns and bright colors; use of enamel, chrome, glass and plastic.
*************************

Empire State Building at Night

*************************
*************************
*************************


"Le Chic Chick knows... Examples of Expressionist Modern Architecture...
**************************
**************************
**************************
**************************
**************************
**************************


"Le Chic Chick knows... Examples of Neo-Classical Architecture...
Neo-Classical Architecture = European architecture of the 18th and 19th centuries focused on severe Classicalism.
**************************
**************************
**************************

Statue of Liberty

**************************
**************************

2 comments:

Amanda D said...

Hi, I stumbled upon your blog and thought you might be interested in this exhibit. Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future. You can get more info here: http://www.braingainmarketing.com/media/saarinen/

Ms. M said...

Hi Amanda-ness - thanks for commenting. I will surely check it out!