Sunday, September 30, 2007

55 mph

Finally a reason to use my new cake pan...

Giant Cupcake Cake

Yesterday was my mother's birthday, you know the one that allows you to become a member of AARP and officially order the senior citizen discounted meals. It was a unique weekend which allowed all of the family to meet up in one place, so we did just that. My sister, her husband, my husband and I piled in the car and drove home. We arrived at the Olive Garden about 6:15, and slowly my brother and his girlfriend showed up with Yaiyia, and then a good friend of the family. There was a 45 minute wait, but we knew that there would be. Mom and dad were to arrive at 7:00 p.m. It was about 10 til 7, and we had to stall a bit longer, so we would text message dad... "wait another 10 minutes or so". Finally we were able to get into the restaurant and seated at the huge dining table for ten. The cake was on the table, we all had our seats, ordered drinks and set the birthday gifts aside. All we had to do was wait...
Finally they arrived and we were the loud and rowdy crowd we all know from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. So we dined, drank, and ate cupcakes. All of the birthday gifts were fabulous. Shoes, tupperware, a framed photo, and and picture frame. Good times for a good surprise. She wasnt expecting all of us to be there, but we all managed to show for a good time.

No comments: