Friday, April 13, 2007

I Love New York part deux

New York was fabulous. Ive been waking up exhausted every day since I got back. Ive made cupcakes. I went directly to school after getting off of the plane in order to present a design inspired lesson plan, with included images taken while in New York. (Pegasus Room/ Rainbow Room on the 64th floor of the Rockefeller Center, New York).

I worked on the plane ride home. I didnt relax. I took an exam this evening and will finish a project due tomorrow. Its been a long week, but an exciting one, fueled by Coca Cola, Starbucks, and lots of junk food aka stress eating. Just a few more weeks until school is out for the semester. A thesis still needs to be written and a summer design project thought up. Next May it will all be over. I dont know what I will do with myself just yet, maybe Ill learn how to just sit back and enjoy life, or maybe I will move on to other endeavors. Not sure just yet.

I was thinking tonight while driving home with Taco Bueno in hand that I was very impressed with my husbands upper level boss. I have never met his coworkers before attending the banquet. His coworkers knew alot about me though. His boss knew my name, face and knew that I was studying architecture and interiors in school, and asked about my thesis project. I just have to say that I was overtaken by the friendliness and the professionalism through the "family" environment. It was a great evening despite the endless bellini's and red wine. I stood on two feet with high heels no less. Sitting at the top of the Mariott Marquis Hotel lounge "the View" was a fabulous ending to a fabulous evening. I cant wait to go back.

No comments: