Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Inspired

A couple of years ago in my lighting course, we discussed various lighting designers, how to calculate the lumen method, and choose the correct luminaires best suited for a space. Ive always loved lighting, and it was a major reason in fact that I decided to head off to graduate school. George Nelson, a twentieth century architect, furniture and lighting designer has been an inspiration to me during my life as a designer. I have also managed to find a few mentors that have been uber fabulous and always encouraging.

To be inspired by something is phenomenal, euphoric.
So this I ask. What inspires you?

1 comment:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Beauty in all its forms inspires me. But lately I have been particularly inspired by photography -- both fashion photography and surealist images.