Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Colts Schmolts

I have family from Chicago (or nearby rather) so it would be unethical for me to cheer for the "other" team. Im not big into football, but I enjoy the OU games, and the superbowl.

My sister played hostess to the superbowl party this year. She got pizza, chips and salsa, wings and plenty of beer - enough for a small gathering.

In my opinion, the game started off right with the first touchdown by the bears, but in the end, well its just a game. Last time she was in Illinois, she picked up the beer bucket and plates along with matching napkins. There were big hopes early on that the Bears would make it to the superbowl this year.

My sister and her husband were out of town last weekend, so in preparation for her party, I whipped up a cake. Just something fast and easy. I boxed it and slipped it in her refrigerator just before going to the airport Sunday morning to pick them up. I didnt say anything, but secretly I wished I could have seen whomever's reaction when opening up the box in the refrigerator. Apparently it was a good one. I got an instant replay later in the evening.

I have to admit Ive had my fill of fun this weekend - now its time to get back to work. Lots of things to accomplish this semester. Thesis, Work, and Techniques of Teaching Adults. Alot on my plate right now and for the next few months, and my first and foremost priority from now on...

No comments: