Saturday, February 03, 2007

Babies, Bears, and Butterflies

Today I played hostess to a baby shower for my cousin. Its been in the works for a few months, and she is all well due in a few months. She got lots of great gifts, from a high chair to bassinett to lots of little girl clothes. The fun part for me was the planning and execution of what turned out to be a fabulous event. I made sugar cookies, cupcakes with butterflies on top. I made topiaries and made sure there were fun games to play, like baby bingo. The theme was babies, bears, and butterflies. The hand made invitations were the first thing to go out and first to express the theme to hopeful guests. It was the first fun Ive had in awhile.

Im so glad that it was a fine day outside for traveling today and that all but a couple of people showed.

No comments: