Sunday, October 15, 2006

White Wedding Weekend

Yesterday was a wonderful day... for a white wedding. It was fabulous. She had fabulous hair, fabulous dress, reminded me of a betsi Johnson dress - very her. The flowers were fabulous, oh my, I could go on and on. The wedding was at an old church downtown, and the reception a couple of blocks away at an art gallery. It was all the perfect collaboration of L and J, the bride and groom.

The personal favor was a button, each one individual and placed at the seat of each attendee. Mine said "Fabulous pair of shoes" after my voice mail which has been going on 4 years now which states "Im either in studio or trying on a fabulous new pair of shoes". My husbands was great too - she said it was her only memory of our wedding. I put my husband in a tuxedo with tails, while the other groomsmen and attendants were in standard coats. I wanted him to look spectacular, but as we all know, the tails kindof look penguinesque. We were waiting in a line, L in front of us to be announced at the reception following our ceremony. He asked why he was the only one in tails and I responded "because its like a penguin" since he knows what a penguin fan I am. He got this look on his face that was priceless "You put me in a penguin suit?" haha! So needless to say, his button said "A penguin suit?"

Her cake was also very magnificent. It had a spacer in the center holding up the top layer. There was a light inside - it glowed. Surrounding the glowing piece was white chocolate in the form of the skyline of Dallas, since that is where she recently relocated to for a new job upon graduation.

Today she and J are off to Hawaii, big island, but Im not sure if they have made it there yet, since there was an earthquake there. I cant get ahold of any of her family today, but I should be able to find out more tomorrow. Im sure they are fine. They were not on the island when it happend, just on their way.

2 comments:

L said...

Definately the best picture of the table I have seen yet! Takes an architect I guess. Thanks for all the compliments. Although, the penguin is not the "only" memory of your wedding I have...I am not that crazy...just the funniest. I definetly remember Class A fabulousness! luv, l-

Ms. M said...

yeah, not the only - I should fix that...

thanks for the kudos - yours was super class a fabulous!!!!

- mel