Friday, March 03, 2006

1000 Chairs

I purchased this book for one of my classes that I took last year in school. I really enjoyed that class, we learned about all of the modern marvels of the 20th century and design. It is interesting to me to see how these pieces influence so many things that we bring into our homes, work spaces, and waiting rooms.

I was checking out the Target website today and found a chair that resembles a typical chinese chair, called the Lohan Chair by Hans Wegner which retails for $2400.00, while the knockoff model is a mere $139.00
I just find it interesting that these pieces were designed as affordable furniture, and now are collector pieces in limited supply.

1 comment:

DreamDriven said...

Love your work of course. Thanks for the advice about how to add my pic to my site. I see from your pic that you love Martini's too!! That is sad that I can spot a drink in a pic... ha ha ha Hope your semester turns out as Fab as I know it will.

Steph