Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Joys of the Fall and the Falling Out

Ok yes its Sunday again. I saw that Dr. H. is signing off after Wednesday of next week, since that is technically when our class ends for this semester. Ive had a good time here. Ive been "cultured". Ive read so many blogs and forum posts that I think I can actually carry on a descent coversation and feel like I know a little something now.

I cant recall off the top of my head who once said that they would rather know alot about one thing than know a little about a lot of things. I think it was a president's wife a while back. It is smart to think that way, but then if you dont know something about alot of things then you really dont have anything to talk to anyone about.

This week I ordered invitations for my wedding. I have some friends who will be joining me on Friday nights to help me execute this thing. God bless my friends.

Other than that, things are going ok. Im getting a new car next week. Apparently my car is past the 10 year old mark, and they dont make certain parts for it anymore. Ive spent more time than I would like to admit searching around old junk yards looking for car parts for a 95 cavalier convertible. Apparently they only made my model for 2 years and then stopped because of a design error.

I know that cars get old, and they break - but really it has served me well for the most part. Its drivable, but its just on its last few legs left.

Ive been enjoying the ultra cool weather this week. I loved the rain, and then the cold crisp air and the light sunshine today. The leaves are continuing to fall. Im hoping to have a mild winter this year - Im not ready for the snow yet, but if it does snow, I hope it snows alot and doesnt sleet. That is the worst when it does that. This will be my first real winter in my new house. Im hoping that since I live in a fairly small town that the city will be more gracious about clearing the streets for the morning commuters to get to the highway. We will have to see how that goes.

No comments: