Thursday, May 27, 2010

Patty Cake, Patty Cake...

So I've been doing an incredible amount of baking lately. This most recent bakeathon included a Rockstar theme for my 3 year old neighbor, Hudson.

Cream Cheese Frosting on Lemon Cake
Whole Cake

Guitar Birthday Cake
Sugar Flame Detail
Rockstar Cake

Cream Cheese Frosting on Red Velvet Cupcakes

Rockstar Cupcakes

Since I had some black frosting left over, I decided to drop in the office this past Monday with a cupcake courier full of treats. They did not fly off the plate as fast as cupcakes normally do in the office, but they did look a bit different. I guess there is something to be said about fluffy pink buttercream frosting vs. something that could end up to be licorice. Dunno. Anyway, I thought they were a bit of black magic, Harry Potter-esque perhaps even. Anyhow, they were all consumed, and many compliments were given. Some were unsure though exactly what the frosting was. Perhaps this could be an unofficial experiment of messing with the mind, and the colors associated with certain foods. Ok, I'll cease the rambling. You can decide for yourself.

Black Cream Cheese Frosting with Sprinkles

No comments: