Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another Year Older. Another Year Wiser?

It has been such a busy and crazy week... I have not had time to post. Birthday 32 has come and gone, but it is not too late to report on the fun and excitement.

I arrived at work to good coffee and flowers, a pink boa, and party hats all supplied by Liliya. It made the day just fabulous. I could not have had it any other way.

Later in the evening, several friends and family arrived and gathered at a local restaurant in Oklahoma City, Musashi's. I felt that a Japanese Hibachi Grill would be a fun dinner for everyone, and it was. I got to see several people who I have not seen in quite awhile, and we all got to catch up. My parents came down with my brother and his girlfriend also. It was a great evening for all.
Group Photo
Got some goodies too, my friend Knitterista brought me the cutest screen print "Let Them Eat Cake" from a shop on Etsy.

Let Them Eat Cake

I also got some make up that I had recently discovered from Mary Kay. There are some new things that are out right now that will make life fabulous. Like this, this, this, and this.

Got a little cash too, so when I went down to Dallas to visit my good friend L and to see Legally Blonde the Musical, I stopped off at the little robins egg blue store to check out the Frank Gehry collection created for Tiffany & Co. There is a fabulous little ring, "Torque" in the collection, so I picked one up for myself and one for L too, since her 30th birthday was just a couple of weeks before mine. For my 30th birthday, she had given me the Tiffany Blue Purse Pen, the one I used to drool over when I was a poor college student. We sat in my studio apartment on pleather seating and the dwelling with the walk in shower located in the kitchen just next to the micro-gas stove. She reminded me that I mentioned that "if I had that pen, I would write all of my checks with it" :)
Robins Egg Blue
So for 30th birthdays, it is Tiffany & Co. for her too... a beloved architect and design, perfect for the aspiring architect to be too.

All in all, it was a great week, and a great birthday month too. I feel older now, desiring something big, promises to get it together and get it done.

No comments: