Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ready to Take Flight

I am now satisfied. If I died tonight, I would be happy and fulfilled knowing that I got to experience something today that was so incredibly exciting. I got to crawl up into the cockpit captain's seat of a DC-3 airplane.
This week, the fiftieth anniversary of the Federal Aviation Administration is celebrated. According to my time line packet, the Federal Aviation Administration was an Act developed in 1958 under President Dwight D. Eisenhower. A carnival and picnic was hosted during the lunch hour. It wasn't complete without tours of various aircraft as well.

This is the DC-3 plane in the photograph. According to my father, they were developed during WWII and in his opinion are the best aircraft we have ever had. This photo was given as part of the tour, so I must give credit to the FAA for this one. As you can see, it is a bit dated though, with the Oklahoma City Federal Building in the landscape behind.

No comments: