Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

I live in a red state. Today I voted - and I hope that my vote today made a difference in what will be the outcome of this evening's election results. Some candidates may stay, and some may go. The weather is decent today, sunny and cool - perfect voting weather. I remember it was cold, dreary and snowy in the last presidential election. I got to the polling site about 6:45 a.m. and there was already a long line of people waiting out in the cold to get inside. It still took about half an hour to get through the process. This morning, at a different polling location I actually thought it was not open for voting. I saw no cars, and thought I had gone to the wrong church, but I hadnt. I was livid. I pulled out my phone to call someone. anyone.

How dare they try to keep me from voting?

Much to my surprise, I didnt drive in far enough down the side of the long and narrow church to the back where a small gymnasium was located. Ah, here is the polling place, and here are the local people, although not too many out at 7:30 a.m. I was still late for work today, but I dont feel bad, I excercised my right to vote - something many women were beaten and lost lives for.

No comments: