Sunday, June 20, 2010

Baking Extravaganza

By far the busiest weekend of cake baking, and little sleep. But I got it all done.

Dozens of Eggs: After and Red Bull

The first was for a 50th wedding anniversary, more appropriately, Golden.
A champagne colored frosting with dark chocolate harlequin and gold dragees. I was fortunate to locate a local shop who carries them so that I didn't have to order them online. The golden sanding sugar came from Williams Sonoma. Not available online though.

Golden Anniversary

The second, a grooms cake for a co-owner of COOP Ale Works, a local Oklahoma City brewed beer. Have to admit that it is becoming one of my more favorite brews anyhow. The groom contacted me and said he wanted a sheet cake that had their logo on it. The more I thought about it, the more I felt it needed to take on a little dimension. So I constructed a barrel vault of cake, frosted it, and fashioned a COOP logo on the front of the keg. I think it turned out fun, if I do say so myself. I got to see the groom smile about it, so it was worth the work.

COOP Beer Grooms Cake

And last on the list, a baby shower for one of my friends I work with. She is having a girl, but likes turquoise and brown together. So cupcakes of carrot cake with pink cream cheese frosting, chocolate sprinkles, and a turquoise dragee was necessary. The mom to be is due in just a few weeks, but we all enjoyed the evening shower over a small dinner gathering at the Pepperoni Grill.

Baby Shower Cupcakes

No comments: