Thursday, September 25, 2008

You Figured Me Out

Someone commented on something I said the other day. I mentioned there were many people out there doing some amazing things, and he responded "so why don't you do it?"
It got me thinking... What is it I want to do exactly? Truth is, there are so many things I want to do I cant make a decision on what do and when. Don't get me wrong, I definitely know what I want in life and how to get it... but it is the question of when.
So why do I do it? I am sure each of us want's the most out of this one life we receive:

God.
As I told one of my good friends just yesterday, He has a plan and a path for all of us. Hardships come and go while we become humbled.

Career.
For me right now, I have invested in my career. I have taken the first step and registered for the USGBC or US Green Building Council LEED AP Certification Exam. It is something Ive had sitting on the back burner for awhile now, but I am ready to move forward and take it. Then it is on to the NCIDQ... and then the ARE. And a few thousdand dollars in testing fees.

Family and Friends.
A coworker reminded me of something today that I had enjoyed once before; movies at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. This weekend, the Manhattan Short Film Festival is playing. I have to say it looks rather enticing. It is 120 minutes of short films with themes. Once the showing is complete, a vote takes place for the best/ favorite film. I have been so busy that I have not even met up with friends or classmates to enjoy the events at the museum. However, my friends and I did take some time out for a special birthday amongst us and went to try something new and fun. Pole Position, indoor go-karting. Invigorating, a rush of excitement and racing flags all around. Crashes, yelling and screaming. Best of it, a sock cap to mash down your hair while you are supporting a racing helmet which is first and foremost made with firey crashes in mind.

Go-Karts

I have been spending a lot of quality time with my friends lately. Since I've left my old job and started a new one, I have met many new fabulous individuals but have kept up with the old too. I have even made some new friends that I would have never met before either. I am finally realizing what it means to have a life. Not that I didn't have one before, but it is different now with no classes and homework. New responsibilities, and I am certainly up for the challenge.

So now, what lies beyond God, Career, Family and Friends? I don't know exactly, but I am going to find out.

No comments: