Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Girlie Show

A friend I work with has produced this fabulous art show for four years now. The first year, it was small, fun, crowded and intimate. And from the second year onward, I was on the volunteer list and welcomed hundreds into the throws of the farmers market. Decked out in themed t-shirts and badges and big funky jewelry, each year my friends and I look forward to working the event to support our friends, earn a little volunteer credit to submit to the AIA, and the free temporary tatoos. There are lots of great things to look at and to take home too. One thing I found quite fascinating this evening were the dressed up barbie dolls. There were all kinds... dressed up in fish net stockings and pretty dresses. Frankenstein and his bride. Elvis and Priscilla. The one that I thought was the most amuzing though, is the Playboy Bunny Barbie. I think it is supposed to be Holly, Hugh Hefner's girlfriend, but I dont know for sure. :) Anyhow, all in good humor - lots of other local artists and some from out of state - whom Ive gotten to know a little more through Etsy - like Motokitty and Freshie and Zero.
The Girlie Show is still happening tomorrow, Saturday October 13th, 2007 from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - get in and shop and enjoy the music and atmosphere for just $5 bucks.

No comments: