Tuesday, January 30, 2007

High Expectations

I must say that my expectations have been high when it comes to the weather lately. I guess our recent snow storm, blizzard, ice storm - whatever you want to call it was a once in a lifetime storm (here in oklahoma anyway). It snowed on Saturday briefly. I had to get up early to work and count furniture at one of the new public schools. It would have been a fabulous day to sleep in, and not leave the flannel pajamas at all. Anyhow, I had to get out in it all, and was home around noon. It was still snowing heavily when I got home so I took Tula outside on the front porch for a moment so she could have a snowflake land on her nose.

I went to take a nap as my body requires me to have at least 10 hours of rest going into Saturday for some reason. I had only slept 7. I woke up about 2:30 in the afternoon to find yellow grass with no snow. I know it snowed, I saw it. :)

Anyhow, the weathermen are predicting more snow and sleet this week. Tomorrow and Thursday to be exact. I do hope we get enough snow to cancel class tomorrow night. I hope we get enough snow so that I can go home early and put my pajamas back on and do things I need to do at home, watch the snow through the window, and oh yes, sleep.

No comments: