Monday, December 04, 2006

Its December, 2006.

Today is the first official day of work this December. I only have about 12 days of work before my well needed and deserved holiday vacation begins. Counting the days now to some freedom of staying home, staying up late, and sleeping in. Oh yeah, and lots of holiday christmas shopping.

It was like an image of a cartoon really this past friday since Oklahoma saw an abundance of snow, ice, sleet, etc. I woke up and got ready for work as usual. It was certainly going to be easier to drive in the snow than it was the day before in all of the sleet and slush anyway. I went out into the garage and pushed the button to lift the door. I immediately found myself with raised eyebrows laughing hysterically. There was about 3 feet of snow which had found itself drifting against the garage door. When opened, the snow appeared as a big wall. One I couldnt even step over.

I imagined spinning tires and all sorts of out of control moments if attempting to remove the vehicle from the garage. I chuckled again and closed the garage door. I promptly put my pajamas back on, sent the boss an email since no one was answering the phone at work (obviously no one else showed up) and went back to sleep.

Friday was also the day of my sisters graduation from the University of Oklahoma's Physician Associate program. My brothers soccer tournament that was to be held in St. Louis, MO was canceled, so he joined the parents in traveling a bit south for the event. I had planned on the after party of dessert, cheese and wine. We ended up going to TGI Friday's instead. The waitress was nice though, she gave me gold points for the entire table of 15 that was there. It was a cold weekend, but I was glad to be inside enjoying the warmth. I attempted my 10 page paper which is due tomorrow. I still lack about 4 pages of information. Im planning to leave a bit early today to give myself about the 8 hours I will probably need in order to complete it.

Ahhh just a couple of weeks left... counting down the work days. 1 down, 11 more to go.

No comments: